Thursday, September 3, 2009

Random Stuff

So, it's been awhile since I posted and to be honest it's been awhile since we've taken many new pictures. I know, we are horrible parents. Jenna is nearly impossible to photograph because she never holds still. Consequently, most pictures are blurry or are of the back of her head. We have used our new video camera but I am vowing to start taking more photos. Anyways, the first one was from the other night and Jenna was just being so darn sweet. I love her chubby little face and the funny expression on her face.
This picture cracks me up. Pat generally dresses Jenna each day, especially on week days. Anyways, this shirt says "Daddy's Girl." Jenna returned home from daycare like this. Her daycare provider is Stephanye and she and Jenna just love each other. I love knowing that Stephanye takes such good care of Jenna and gives her so much attention and affection while she is away from us.

And finally, perhaps the best picture of all...Jenna sleeping on the changing table. This picture is from the other evening. After work, Jenna and I ran to Target for a few things. I could tell she was tired and so I tried to be fast. As we were driving home, she really started to get sleepy in the car. Once we got home, I set her down to change her diaper and clothes and as soon as I set her down, she flipped over, stuck her butt in the air, and fell fast asleep. She was seriously exhausted. She was not too pleased when I woke her up to put her pjs on!
As for what's new....
  • I have been at my new job for exactly 1 month and I absolutely, whole heartedly LOVE it!!! It is 5 days a week now but I never have to worry about another weekend or holiday.
    I also get 60-90 minute lunch breaks everyday, and I am getting to work with one of my best friends, Erica.
  • Pat is working away at his credential. He is substitute teaching for Clovis Unified this year and has a couple long term jobs lined up. He has really loved some of his classes and is super excited to be done.
  • Jenna is doing well. She had a cold, which then turned into Roseola, but she recovered quickly. She is all over the house and into everything. Seriously, some days she exhausts us. She is standing independently, and has even taken a few steps, but then usually falls. She is seriously a tough kid, she falls and hits her head so much and rarely ever cries. She is having some definite stranger and separation anxiety. She gets very anxious when new people come around, or people she hasn't seen in awhile. Honestly, I'll be excited when that stage passes. At her 9 month appointment, she was 20.5 pounds and 29 inches tall. She is such a funny and busy little baby and we are having an absolute blast watching her grow.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Hello! Welcome back! Thanks for posting. Luckily I got to see the sweet little one in person this weekend.
    I'm still laughing at the way she ate her little cheeze puff thingy. She's a crack-up :)

    ReplyDelete