Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter Weekend







Well it's been awhile since I posted so there's a bit to catch up on. Jenna got sick her first week in daycare of course, so she stayed home on thursday and friday before Easter. Is it like a rule that your kid has to get sick in the middle of the night?? So anyways, J and Joanna and the girls arrived on Friday. I was working but Pat and Jenna got to hang out with them. I went over to my mom's after work and got to see everyone. Considering she had a cold, Jenna was in a super good mood. She loves her cousins and her Auntie JoJo and Uncle J. Paige is so helpful and she even changed Jenna's diaper twice.

On Saturday, we celebrated Easter with Pat's side of the family. Jenna did great and totally showed off her cute little personality, which was great because the last time all those relatives saw her, she screamed like a banshee all night. We missed out on Easter with my dad which I was super bummed about, but we can only be in one place at a time. Sunday we got up and headed over to my mom's house for brunch. We had great intentions of going to church but Jenna slept in, which means we slept in and missed it. Breakfast was awesome and the girls got to open their Easter presents from my mom. Seriously, the gifts were all wrapped up in the corner and you would think it was Christmas if not for the pastel paper. Anyways, the three girls got adorable coordinating Gymboree outfits and books. We then came back to our house to have Easter fun and dinner. Pat used his smoker for the first time to prepare a tri-tip and it turned out so yummy. It was so much fun and it was so nice to be here at our house so we could easily put Jenna to bed and the party didn't have to end. Anyways, that was Easter. Thank you to Mom aka Nonnie, J and Joanna, Paige, Ally, Nonnie aka Nana, and Auntie Pam for coming over to help celebrate Jenna's first Easter, and for all her adorable gifts.
by the way, check out the super cute matching red and white dresses. Thank you so much Terry (Joanna's mom) for Jenna's dress...I LOVE it!
I don't love the formatting for this post but I'm too tired and too irritated to try to fix it, sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Really, your Mom outdid herself..it *was* like Christmas :)

    Jenna is seriously a doll. We had a blast playing with her (I totally miss her already). I can't wait for you all to come and visit...I'm envisioning that cutie little zebra printed bathing suit at the beach...cuh-ute!

    Thanks Pat for the delish dinner and for hosting us all (and for *not* mentioning Paige's total and complete breakdown)

    I loved her little basket liner from Pottery barn...I tried to order one for the girls with my gift card from Auntie Kim and they were all out. Man, I've been saving that gift card for 2 years for something special..guess I'll just wait till next year :)

    ReplyDelete