Thursday, March 26, 2009

What a Trooper



Today was Jenna's 4 month well baby check. I truly love our pediatrician and I look forward to the appointments, except of course, the shots. Pat had to work today, and because I was dreading going alone, I made Papa go with us. I just didn't want to do the shot thing all by myself. Jenna got a total of 4 shots today, 2 in each thigh. She screamed and turned bright red, and it was pretty awful. It brought tears to my eyes actually. Papa did pretty well though. Other than the shots, the appointment went pretty well. Jenna weighed in at 15.5 pounds even, and measured 25 inches. She's in the 90th percentile for weight and the 75th percentile for height. Her check-up went really well and everything looked perfect. Her pediatrician said she is behaving more like a 6 month old and even went out to get the 6 month check-up sheet to show me that she is already doing things that were listed on it. I, of course, was so happy to hear that. He told us we could start giving her rice cereal now and soon we can start some stage 1 fruits and veggies. She has been getting rice cereal in her bottles because of her reflux but he said to try the spoon now. We'll see how that goes. But anyways, here's a picture of Jenna with her matching band-aids. This was taking after a bottle and a nap. Looks like the shots aren't bothering her too much.

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie she is!!

    Brianne. You are a labor and delivery nurse. In the world of nursing, that means you're hard core! You made Dad go with you? C'mon, be hard core! Just teasing...I guess.

    I never got tears watching them get shots. But, when I had to hold Ally down during that little procedure with her staph infection, and she sobbed "Daddy" in between screams...well, what Daddy could maintain dry eyes, right?

    Glad she's doing so well!

    ReplyDelete