Tuesday, November 9, 2010

brown day

On November 1st, Jenna got to move up to the next class at her daycare. She is now in Room 2 which is for 2-3 year olds. She has been adjusting really well and I think she is having a blast in this older class. On the first day we were given a calendar of events which explained what they would be focusing on each day. Since it's November, most of the activities are centered around Thanksgiving, which I think is awesome. Each month they also focus on two colors and this month the colors are brown and yellow. So today was brown day, and they asked that all the kids wear something brown. Looking through Jenna's closet, I couldn't really find anything with any significant amount of brown. So I went over to Old Navy yesterday and grabbed this little brown ruffle shirt for $6. I was super excited this morning because as I was in my own closet getting dressed, I told Jenna that we had to go get her dressed but that she had to wear brown. She disappeared into her closet and returned with the brown shirt. Possibly a coincidence, but I'm thinking she has learned the color brown. Anyways, I gave her the option of jeans or a jean skirt, and she quite happily chose the skirt. I then gave her the option of tights or leggings, and she was so excited to choose tights. We paired it with her super cute brown boots, and I think we had a cute little outfit. Of course, I made her take a few pictures.
The lighting is weird but her tights are pink, brown, orange, and cream stripes. Honestly, when else can you get away with horizontal stripes on your legs??
Total cheesy, fake smile.
I didn't tell her to put her hands in her pockets, but I thought it was super cute when she did.
The complete outfit.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! In the 2nd picture she looks EXACTLY like Pat, especially with her hands in her pocket. Wow! That's totally like him to stand that way.
    What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete