Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween 2010, part 2

Finally, here are a few photos from Halloween. Honestly, Halloween is not my favorite. I'm so not into it, and I spent a lot of time feeling guilty about it but I think I'm over it. Pat's not really so into it either. We talked about it and figure it might change as Jenna (and any other children we may have) get older and are more into it. But this year, she really couldn't care less. We got some pictures of her scooping out her pumpkin and I'm glad we took a bunch of pictures at the beginning because she was interested for about 4 minutes. Anyways, we will see what the future holds, but for now, I'm way more excited now that we have Thanksgiving and Christmas coming soon!
Scooping out the insides....in jammies no less.
Digging deep
Not the best picture, but at least I'm in it!
Daddy and his mini me
All ready to go trick or treating
Jumping up and down
No idea what was so funny, but this picture makes me laugh


So here is Jenna's treat bag for this year. I only had a few breakdowns while putting it together. A few choice words, many trips to Michaels, and a broken sewing machine needle later...
The top picture is the front of the bag and the bottom picture is the back.

I'm thinking I will be ordering from Etsy next year...we will see.

2 comments:

  1. Um really.......there isn't ANYTHING to feel guilty about. I certainly hope *my* overzealous love of Halloween hasn't made *you* feel pressure to make it a big deal.

    There are lots of things I don't give a crap about that are important to other Moms.

    While I'm being mesmerized by Halloween/Crafting/Scrapbooking/Sewing/Taking Photos/Blogging/Reading some other Mom made their kids a tasty home-made dinner, made their own baby food, drove them to 10 different sports/clubs/events, worked out, took a class, worked a 2nd job, went to Church, took a night class, volunteered, etc.

    We all have different things that bring us joy. If Halloween isn't your thing, then by all means skip the big to-do. Buy your kid a costume and give 'em a plastic bucket. I'll be the first one to tell you that the kid in the store-bought costume and the plastic bucket had AN EQUAL AMOUNT of fun as my girls did (I always had store bought and a grocery sack and I never once felt jilted or unappreciated).

    Really, as a Mom there are enough things to feel guilty about; this certainly isn't one of them.

    I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can top your broken needle. I had one half of one handle left to sew on to the second treat bag and I was so over my machine (two broken needles later) that Brian actually picked it up and walked it out to the trash can. Ha! BTW...I have not seen you in a while and "not the best picture" or not you look FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete