Sunday, January 24, 2010

HELP!!!

Ok...quick update. We decided to start operation bye bye bottles this weekend. Jenna doesn't seem to miss her bottles at all. The problem is she hasn't had any milk since friday. We tried the soft spout sippy cups, the hard spout ones, ones with handles, ones without handles, the straw kind, and tonight I went out and bought the Take and toss ones that April suggested. She absolutely refuses to drink anything except water from any of them. So mommies, I need advice. What should I do?? I looked online and in some of pediatric medical books, and she needs to be drinking 12-16 ounces a day. HELP!

These pictures have nothing to do with this post, just thought they'd liven it up a bit


Jenna smiling enough so that you can see she actually does have top teeth. She's actually cutting her 10th tooth right now!


Jenna sleeping the other night. We've never seen her sleep on her back before. She's bent in an L-shape in the corner, and it just made me smile.

2 comments:

  1. Well...this might not be very popular but maybe she just isn't ready to give up her bottle for milk quite yet. Do you think she would still drink milk out of a bottle for you twice a day or so? That way you could get some milk down her. I know you said she seemed ready to give the bottle up so maybe I am way off base but I didn't transition my kids from a bottle for milk until they were 17 or 18 months old. Again this may not be a very popular suggestion, but if you are totally opposed to bringing the bottle back I wonder if it would help to put a little ovaltine or carnation instant breakfast, or something chocolatey like that in there to give her some insentive to drink it. I still say if she will drink milk out of a bottle just suck it up, buy a few more, and try again in a few months. I totally had to do the "try again later" strategy when potty training DBD. Sometimes our time schedule is not the same as theirs. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having the same problem (but Aubrey is 27 months!) here. We tried those exact same cups and we thought it would work since she went right for it. She took a few sips then refused to drink any more. I'm struggling with should we focus on getting rid of the bottles or making sure she's getting liquid (milk). She only has a morning & bedtime bottle @ 6oz each. I'm curious to see what everyone suggests.

    ReplyDelete