Saturday, January 2, 2010

white flag



Ok....I surrender. My white flag is up. Seriously, we have been having some bad luck with sicky germs around here. It all started back in mid November when Jenna had that horrendous case of viral croup. Pat then got bronchitis, and just about missed Thanksgiving. Then I got a cold which turned into bronchitis. Then Jenna seems to have another cold but also cuts four teeth in a week so who knows if it's actually a cold or not. Then I get a sinus infection right before Christmas. Starting Christmas day, Jenna starts having some stomach issues, which get so bad she clears the room at my mom's Christmas celebration. We take her in and it turns out she has bacterial croup (and oh by the way, asthma), as well as a yeast infection in her intestines. Ummmm...hello?? what??
So we try to take all this in stride. Antibiotics and anti-yeast medications will take care of her infections, and asthma is really manageable and she may even outgrow it. So New Years Eve rolls around and I am super excited to organize our spare bedroom, which has affectionately been named the hoarder room. We get a great start and all is going well until I decide to take a break and unload the dishwasher. As I'm loading my plates into the cupboard, and I bend down to reach for more dishes, the shelf decides to break and all my dishes come crashing down. 4 broken plates, 6 broken bowls, 4 stitches (in my arm), and 1 tetanus shot later....you get the idea. Sometime the next day I start to feel kind of icky. Like whole body aches, chills, headache, and bad stomach pain. I looked on google and found out that it could be a side effect of the tetanus shot. It's now 1045 pm on the 2nd and I have spent all day on the couch or in the bathroom. I have overcome the body aches, but I can't keep any food down. So the upside of this is that it's a great way to jumpstart my new diet. The downside is Jenna walked around for the greater part of today with her onesie hanging out of her pants like shirt-tails because her daddy kept "forgetting to snap it" during diaper changes. Oh well...she didn't really seem to mind. So I must say that I'm hoping that the rest of 2010 will be a little easier.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you're feeling icky. Hopefully you didn't get any germs from us :( Love Jenna's new style :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. psst..don't forget to take a picture each day...my becky higgins kit came and it looks super!

    ReplyDelete